ExpiWell is a platform created by researchers who conduct Experience Sampling Methodology (ESM) and Ecological Momentary Assessments (EMA) and can be used for any type of longitudinal survey.
Our goal is to make the process for researchers simple, yet packed with powerful features.
How does ExpiWell work? Here is a general overview:
- Researchers create an ESM/EMA project on our website (www.expiwell.com). This project can contain multiple surveys which are scheduled over days, weeks, or months.
- Each project researchers create has a unique access code that is automatically generated or created by the researcher.
- Participants download our free ExpiWell mobile apps on iOS or Android.
- Participants sign in to the app and then enter the access code to start the project.
- All surveys are automatically scheduled based on participant time zones (e.g., a 9am-scheduled survey will be sent at 9am Eastern Time and 9am Pacific Time). Notifications and reminders are sent to participants via the mobile app.
- The mobile app opens and closes surveys to participants based on allotted timeframes (e.g., a survey window open from 9am-10 am). This helps researchers to not have to manually remove participant data if they don't complete it on time or complete all surveys in one shot at the end of the day.
- Real-time tracking of participant response rates can be done through our system. No need to download data and link surveys to determine individual response rates at the end of the project.
- All surveys for a participant are automatically connected. No need for researchers to create unique participant IDs and manually link up surveys over time for each participant.
- Data is downloadable in CSV format which can be exported to Excel, SPSS, SAS, or other programs.
Things to note:
- There is no charge for sending ExpiWell notifications or reminders to complete surveys . . . so fire away on as many surveys as you'd like!
- Web links can be included in surveys. Researchers sometimes create a survey in ExpiWell to direct participants to a longer survey using another survey platform; one can use ExpiWell as a notification and tracking platform as there is no additional charge for any number of notifications and reminders to participants.